Additional updates as of 6/17/20 at 10:30 AM:
Deer Hill is partially opening for limited programming, starting in July! As previously announced, Deer Hill Expeditions has suspended normal summer programming due to COVID-19 health concerns, however, we are currently scheduling private family river trips for mid-July through the Fall, and still planning on running a full fall season of custom group programs. In addition, we are renting out our facility to groups, yoga classes, retreats and more. Book your private trip or facility rental now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as promptly as we can.
- Booking NOW for private family (& friends!) river trips for any time between mid-July and September! Email Anna, Program Sales Manager, at email@example.com to set up your custom trip!
- Rent our facility for your next event or rescheduled gathering. We are currently booking our beautiful facility single day and multi-day retreats, yoga classes, and more! We are following all recommendations for distancing from local and national health organizations and hiring a professional cleaning service to disinfect the space before and after use. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your custom rental.
- Schedule a custom group program for the Fall! Interested in setting up a custom group program for the Fall? We’re planing on running a full Fall season. Reach out to Matt Mohi at email@example.com for more information!
- Purchase merchandise from our store! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of a new DHE hat, t-shirt, sweatshirt, river shirt, Nalgene water bottle, or tank top! We can ship all of these items to you directly, so that you never miss out on repping Deer Hill! Contact Anna at email@example.com or via direct message on Instagram to set something up. We can now accept Venmo as payment!
We are so grateful for the support of the Deer Hill community during these times and look forward to the new opportunities that lie ahead. Again, if you have any questions about Deer Hill programming, the best way to get in contact with us is still by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as our in-person office hours are still limited. We will respond as promptly as we can.
Additional updates as of 5/20/20 at 10:30 AM:
See bulleted list below for highlights.
Our hearts continue to go out to everyone impacted by Covid-19 as we recognize how very challenging this time is for the entire world. As the Deer Hill team continuously evaluates the best paths moving forward for the health and safety of our program participants, staff, and partners, we will continue to provide you with timely updates.
During 35 years of operation, Deer Hill has endured many challenges. In the past, we always found ways to adapt our programming when met with unexpected changes. This pandemic is no different. We are continuously evaluating all possible ways to adapt amidst these times, while always staying close to our mission. We believe that this work is certainly needed now more than ever and look forward to the day that we will be able to, once again, take solace in nature together and continue to grow as a community.
Updates on the Current State of Deer Hill Expeditions:
- A few of our staff are back to work at the office, ranging from part-time to full-time. You might be hearing more from us through social media and email, but our response times may still be delayed. The best way to get in contact with us is still by sending an email to email@example.com as our in-person office hours are still limited.
- We are still currently planning to run a full fall season and hope to run custom group and family programs as soon as it is safe to do so, however the timing is far from predictable. If you would like to learn more about scheduling a custom group or family program with us, please consider filling out this form. If you’d like more information on our cancellation policy or have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New programming opportunities! We are currently looking into new and exciting ways to bring our mission to more people during these challenging times. Family reunion river trips, yoga retreats, creative writing workshops and more come to mind first. What makes us different from other adventure outfitters? We would continue to offer all of the unique program elements that make Deer Hill special like nightly “circle,” team building exercises, opportunities for solo time, guided side hikes, and plenty of fun and games around camp to provide you with a holistic and meaningful experience. If you think this could be a good fit for your group and want to learn more, please consider filling out this form and email us at email@example.com.
As always, we continue to consult national, state, and local public health authorities for the best guidance on what reopening will look like for Deer Hill. Our top priority is always to protect our program participants, staff, and partners.
If you have any questions and concerns now and in the months ahead, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. The best way to get in contact with us is still by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as our in-person office hours are still limited. We will respond as promptly as we can.
Founders/Owners Doug and Beverly; with our Admin Team: John, Jordan, Max, Mike, Merritt, Gabe, Matt, Anna, Taylor, and Emily
For more information on (new!) custom group and family programming opportunities, please click below to fill out our interest form.